Major Advantages of Hiring WordPress Experts for Your New Web Development Project
First, let’s answer the question of why you should choose WordPress?
One of the most circulated misconceptions about WordPress is that it’s a platform for bloggers. It is not! When it first started WordPress was considered a blogging platform, but since then it evolved into a very powerful, solid, well maintained, and well supported content management system (CMS) in the market today. WordPress is fairly easy to use and it’s very flexible as a building block for different types of websites. According to statistics on June 2020, 37.8% of all websites were powered by WordPress. In other words WordPress powers 1/3 of the entire web! And, the best part, WordPress is an Open Source CMS which means it’s free to download, install, use, and modify it to match your needs!
So, if it’s that easy, why hire WordPress developers to build your site?
- The first reason for hiring WordPress experts would be if you want a unique, highly functional website that incorporates your company’s branding. Attempt to build it yourself and you might be stuck with a generic “nothing special” website that blends in with some other mid-range sites out there. A good developer can help you achieve the look you want for your website while making the out f the box generic, much more exciting.
- When you think of your new website project, you probably think of functionalities you would like to have, like e-commerce or membership subscription services. Yes, there are countless themes and plugins that can accomplish most of what you are looking for, but can you find the right ones that will fulfill all your needs? Keep in mind that not all themes are built equally well and installing too many plugins can negatively affect your site’s performance (SEO) making it rank lower in web search. Again, a good developer with the knowledge of the themes available can make this a simple task and help ensure better performance.
- You also need to understand that experienced WordPress developers, like our team here at OPG, aren’t solely web development experts. They are user experience (UX) experts that will help you design the best user friendly, mobile-optimized, and accessible website that will help with user engagement and conversion. Search engines like Google measure the average “dwell time” users spend on a website and reward user-friendly websites with higher search ranking.
- Many WordPress plugins aren’t free. If you are not careful, you can end up with a hefty monthly or annual subscription bill. A skilled WordPress development team can help you avoid this pitfall by custom coding desired functionality into your website that is reliable, secure and comes with a one-time development fee.
- Finally, by engaging WordPress development expert team you will receive additional benefits of fast and reliable technical support that is just a phone call away.
A few big-name brands that use WordPress are: Microsoft News Center, Marks & Spencer for Business, The Rolling Stones, Sony Music, Bloomberg Professional, BBC America, The New Yorker, The Walt Disney Company, and Time Inc.
If you still have any questions or would like to discuss this further, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We will be happy to help!
Written by Lily