How To: Square Payment Installation Instructions
Magento version 1.x
The purpose of this document is to provide you with detailed instructions for installing your Square Payments extension to connect your Magento e-commerce website with your existing Square Account.
- Square requires a SSL certificate for transactions. Proper installation requires the SSL to be in place
- Magento cron must be enabled and running
- The extension is only certified with Standard Magento Checkout, and IWD Agency Free one-page checkouts
- Download the tgz file to your local drive.
- Log in the Magento Admin Panel.
- Hover over “System” > Hover over “Magento Connect” and select “Magento Connect Manager”.
- Login and password requested are the same as admin user of Magento Admin Panel.
- Under “Direct Package file upload” section click the “Choose File” button and select the tgz file then upload the package.
- At the bottom of the page you will see a black box that will display the 3 steps that were taken:
- Package installed: community opg_square_connect 1.0.2.
- Clean cache.
- Cache cleaned successfully.
- Once the “Cache cleaned successfully” message is displayed, select “Log Out” in the top right corner. Log back in again and select “Return to Admin”.
- If an “Error 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable” did not display, proceed to step 9. Should the message “Error 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable” display, the store was switched into Maintenance mode, by adding a maintenance.flag file in root directory. To turn the maintenance mode off you need to delete the maintenance.flag file via FTP or Filemanager. Once the file is deleted, log back into the Magento Admin Panel and proceed to step 9.
- Hover over “System” and select “Configuration”.
- In the far left nav menu select “Payment Methods”.
- Open the “Square” option and set the following:
- Enabled = Yes.
- Sandbox = “No”.
- Select the “Obtain and access token” button.
- Enter the login credentials for the Square Account and select “Sign In”.
- This will access the Square Account to obtain and auto-fill the Personal Access Token information.
- Title = Credit Card (Square).
- Status = Set the status that is to be used with a new order purchased using Square. (defaults in as “Processing”).
- Location = Open the dropdown list and select the location.
- Enable JQuery = Set to Yes if you are running a version of Magento that is less than 1.9. If running a higher version than 1.9 set to No.
- Select “Save Config” in the top right corner.
- After an order is place from the front end using Square as the payment method, Magento Admin Panel will display the following on the Order Details:
- Under Payment Information, “Credit Card (Square) will be displayed.
- Under the Comment History section, at the very bottom, “Captured amount of $XX.XX online. Transaction ID: “xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx’’ will be displayed.
* Note: No refunds after 90 days.